RightAction, an innovative online advertising and technology company, is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer. Here at RightAction, we allow companies to buy online advertising media more efficiently and effectively by delivering simple solutions through complex data analysis. We are one of the fastest growing start-ups in Philadelphia, and are located in the Cira Centre next to 30th Street Station, just a short walk from the heart of Center City.
As you grow in this role, you will have the opportunity to learn the architecture of the entire system and be able to contribute to all aspects of development. This will include working with core Java, Jetty, Guice, Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, SQS, DynamoDB, Redshift), Hadoop, message queues, provisioning through Chef, etc.
RightAction also has an awesome beer selection in the fridge, and catered lunch every week!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Building an innovative high-volume ad serving platform
- Interacting daily with the team to tackle challenging engineering problems
- Intuitively making improvements around user and client feedback
- Building widgets and components for internal and external dashboards to monitor the traffic from billions of impressions daily
- Working with big data, optimization, performance tuning in an agile environment
- 3+ years experience with Java
- Experience using Java application development (preferably using; Jetty, Guice, AWS, and Hadoop) in a production environment
- Must be able to describe problems and solutions in a concise and objective manner to team members and to non-technical clients
- An understanding of object-oriented design patterns
- Knowledge of Linux and strong command line abilities
- Experience with advertising networks or traffic platforms
- Knowledge of Ruby tooling and ecosystem (rake, gems, bundler, chef, etc.)